Pages

Search This Blog

Friday, November 1, 2013

It's NaNo Time Again!

What time is it? It's NaNoWriMo time!!

What the hell am I talking about? Well, November is officially National Novel Writing Month. So, every year lots of crazies like me spend the entire month attempting to write a 50,000 word novel. There's a lot of inspiration, caffeine, frustrated tears, and social media hysterics along the way, but many of us accomplish the feat. Last year I missed it by two days. This is my year. I can feel it!

Will you attempt NaNo this year? Don't worry, anyone can do it. You don't have to be published or even think of yourself as a writer. Just commit to a certain word count every single day. Mine is 2,000 but to hit the goal you really only need to do 1,667 (aprox.). Every day you can add your word count to the tracker on the website and it will show how far you are from the goal. You can even add buddies to see how they're doing on their goals. Nothing like healthy competition to get the creative juices flowing. I've already written at least one novel during NaNo that eventually got published. There's no reason you can't too.

One thing to remember is November is just for WRITING. The editing happens in December, or whenever you can stand to look at your manuscript again. It's okay if it sits in a file for a couple of months. Just GET IT WRITTEN in November and you've won NaNo! I'll be posting updates to Twitter at least weekly, but hopefully more often than that. With my new work schedule this year's going to be a little tricky, but I'm determined. So, will you join me? There's really no good reason not to. Good luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment