Pages

Search This Blog

Monday, November 11, 2013

Readers n'Ritas 2013

I'm not exactly an avid convention or conference attendee. To be honest, leaving home for more than twenty-four hours takes months of planning and logistical skills any engineer would be proud of. So, when something close to home pops up for a weekend and the hubby is okay with letting me loose, I run as fast as I can to get there.

This event is a small, intimate reader's convention with a cap of about 200 people. That means all weekend readers get to rub elbows with authors and spend some one-on-one time with many of them at different events. 
This year one of my all-time favorite authors attended, Sherrilyn Kenyon. I've met her before but she is always awesome. I simply couldn't resist going to see her.

Sherrilyn wasn't the only draw. I've also gotten to know some wonderful readers the past two times I attended and was very happy to see them again. Of course, the costume contest, pajama party, and bachelor auction were definite incentives as well.

  
Those were just a few things keeping me busy this past weekend. I met a lot of new, friendly faces and generally had a blast. I'm hoping to attend next year as well since by then I'll have three new releases. 

After all, where else can you find Ms. Frizzle doing the cupid shuffle? Or books by three of the most marvelous authors made out of cake?




Then there were all the great costumes at the masquerade ball. I didn't dress up this year. I wouldn't have been able to compare to the ones who did.
  
 








  

No comments:

Post a Comment