Pages

Search This Blog

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Diabetic Challenge Number...

Tomorrow is Halloween, which has never been a problem before in my seventeen years of motherhood...until now. My youngest is a type one diabetic, and this will be our first Halloween since that diagnosis. She made it through Valentine's Day as well as numerous birthdays over the past year. Tomorrow should be a piece of cake, right?

Luckily, we've learned a lot the past few months and I've always rationed out the candy anyway. I'm going to have to be a little stricter than before but that will just make the candy last longer. Of course, I'm not certain that's a good thing. 

Aside from that, another issue is my own candy-eating habit. I was diagnosed with diabetes this year too. That means I can't stuff my face with everyone's chocolates when their backs are turned. Damn it! Oh well, so long as I get some candy corn all will be right in my world.

Happy Halloween everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment