Pages

Search This Blog

Saturday, December 1, 2012

NaNoWriMo 2012: Final Update

Another year done and NaNoWriMo has officially ended. How did I do? Well, I didn't win, but I actually did a lot better than all my previous years of participation. By midnight I was at 45,191, a shortage of just 4,809 words. I was, of course, kicking myself for playing around on Facebook and Twitter so much. I am a horrible procrastinator and if you follow me on either social network you saw the moment when I realized I simply wasn't going to make it. I had to leave the computer to pick my child up from work with two hours to go and knew there was just no way I'd get back with enough time to finish.


Now, for the actual numbers. Within the month of November I worked on final edits for my newest Ellora's Cave novella, Too Hard to Break. I'm not sure of the release date for that one just yet. I also worked on the "cougar" story that's been tormenting me for months. The plan was to leave that one shelved until today so I could work just on the NaNo WIP but those characters weren't having it. Then of course I also worked on the NaNo WIP, tentatively titled Too Hot to Handle. So in essence, I wrote quite a bit more than 50,000 words within the month of November, just not all on one manuscript.

Am I disappointed? A little. But only because I started out so strong and could have finished if I'd just kept my butt in gear. It's totally my fault that I'm so easily distracted. However, next year I will once again try to get it done. We'll see, maybe I'll have my internet connection disabled for the month to make it easier on myself. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment