Pages

Search This Blog

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Life and NaNoWriMo Week One

So, what have you been up to this week? I've been writing, writing, preparing for a trip out of town this weekend, writing, and other things. Last Wednesday marked the first day of November and the beginning of NaNoWriMo 2012. I was iffy on participating this year because I knew I already have a lot going on this month. However, the idea for another erotic novella struck me and I thought, "What the heck?", and that was that. So if you're familiar with my Love Beyond Barriers series from Ellora's Cave then You might be happy to know my NaNo WIP is Ben's story. It's not in his POV of course. All of my LBB are from the heroine's POV. If you want to know which heroin is his you'll just have to wait and see. ;-)


First things first, NaNo. I've done fairly well so far. I'm currently at 14,340 words. Just over my goal of 2K a day so I'm happy. I'm not optimistic about getting much done this weekend but will try to make it up next week.


Second, this weekend. As I stated above I'm going out of town. Where? Why, Readers n'Ritas of course! I'll be in Allen, TX all weekend and would love to meet you if you're in the area. There will be a book sale and signing on Saturday at 4pm.

Third, the JDRF walk. I won't be able to attend this year as I had already committed to RnR before knowing the date for the walk. However, my team, Team Alice Jane (named after my daughter who has Type 1 Diabetes) will be at the walk with my mom. They will be walking in Montgomery County this year instead of the Houston walk, but it promises to still be an awesome event. If you're in the area and not busy Saturday morning you should go by to cheer them on. Also, it's definitely not too late to donate and help us reach our goal of $500. We're sitting at just over $300 right now.


Lastly, guest blogging. I'll be in a couple of places online this month giving away prizes. I promise to update my site with the info as soon as I get home on Sunday evening. Don't forget I'm still in the middle of a tour for Day Shift. I have a couple more stops before the holidays.

So that's it, that's my update. I hope ya'll have a fabulous and productive weekend. I'll be drinking margaritas! ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment