Pages

Search This Blog

Sunday, July 1, 2012

2012 Summer Reading Trail

As a reader, I LOVE finding free stories on the web, especially when it's by an author I've never read before. Free stories are a way to discover new authors, meet new characters and fall in love with new worlds. 

As an author, I LOVE writing stories I can post for free on the web. It's a way for me to try out new things and experiment in new worlds or with new types of characters I've never tried before. It's a way for me to give voice to some fleeting thoughts I have that might not be substantial enough for a full book. And most importantly, it's a way for me to attract readers who might not have tried me out yet without asking for their hard earned money.

Last year I was happy to be a part of the Summer Reading Trail. What is it? Exactly what it sounds like. It's a series of free stories in various genres by various authors offered during the summer months. Every single month has it's own list of stories. June is already available. I'm sorry to say I didn't prepare a story quickly enough for it, but I promise I have one ready now.

Click on the link at the end of this post to see the full 2012 Summer Reading Trail. You'll find a freebie from me for July entitled Mating Instinct. It's a whole new world I've decided to play around in. I hope ya'll enjoy it.

http://summertreadingtrail.weebly.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment