Pages

Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

NYC Midnight 2014 Short Story Challenge, Round 1

I don't usually enter writing contests, other than the annual NaNoWriMo challenge. A short story challenge was brought to my attention about a month ago and I was intrigued. There are multiple rounds and with each one the word count and time-frame to write the story gets smaller. The writer is given a genre, topic, and character for the story. My first heat was: romance, fire, reporter.

I was absolutely thrilled to get romance as my first genre. However, when I wrote the initial story I didn't put enough of the topic in there. Fire was supposed to be integral to the story. My first try, Heating Things Up, can be found here

I won't know until March 24th if I made it past the first round. My final submission to the contest, Hearts on Fire, can be found here. Feel free to let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment