Pages

Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

WWWW: This Dad is Doing it Right

Most everyone who even glances at the internet from time to time heard of the father who shot up his daughter's laptop and posted it on Facebook. There was a huge outpouring of support for his tactic as well as quite a few critics. However, I found this photo and article in the Houston Chronicle on Tuesday and have to wonder why it hasn't gone viral yet. The article mentions a psychologist who claims this sort of humiliating punishment doesn't work. I call bullshit on his claim. I guarantee if I ever had cause to make my daughters do something of this nature, they would never commit the crime again. And why is that? Not just because this punishment is humiliating. But also because it fits the crime to some degree and my daughters would realize there are dire consequences to those actions. I think what a lot of parents don't realize, or forget, is that children sometimes just need to know there ARE CONSEQUENCES! Maybe because the parents were never held accountable for their actions, or still aren't as adults.

No comments:

Post a Comment