Tuesday, July 16, 2019
Happy July! We're now on the downward slope for 2019 and the last couple of events I'll be attending for the year. The next one is Saturday, July 27th, at my home base of Houston, TX, and it's FREE. All the Books is a multi-genre event with over thirty authors in attendance. The hours are 10 - 4, however, the signing closes down for lunch from 12:30 - 1:30. I'll be there all day and have TWO giveaways for readers.
All you have to do to enter the giveaways is come by my table and fill out a raffle slip. You do have to be present to win. The first drawing will be at 12 pm. The second drawing will be at 4 pm. No purchase necessary, no newsletter sign-up required. Just come say hi and enter your name into the drawing.
Texas-shaped creme brulee candle, Texas Trash snack, Missy Jane pen and flashlight, handmade soap from Connie's Bath Shack.
Austin Author Affair XL t-shirt, Hot in TX fan, Missy Jane notebook with pen, handmade soap from Connie's Bath Shack.
I hope to see you next weekend at All the Books!
Sunday, April 28, 2019
I am so ready to meet readers and sign books! For my first book event of the year I'll be returning to Comicpalooza in Houston. It's happening Mother's Day weekend, May 10th - 12th at the George R. Brown convention center downtown. I'm sharing a booth with the amazing Melissa Schroeder, plus I will be moderating two different panels. Keep an eye on my Twitter and Facebook posts for the most updated info on where to find me at the con.
Next will be one of my favorite events, the Anniversary of Copperfield's Books in Spring, TX. This is their 5th Anniversary celebration, and they always like to feature local authors. More info can be found at their Facebook page for the event.
As always, I have a print book preorder form available. Please feel free to use it in order to guarantee there is a book available for you. My Samhain titles are almost completely gone, and may not be re-released for at least another year or more.
If there is an event you would like me to attend, please feel free to comment below or shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sunday, January 6, 2019
I am determined to:
- exercise for at least 30 minutes every day
- eat healthier so I can stop taking at least one of the too many medications I'm currently required to take. I've decided to cut out bread from my diet and eat less candy for starters.
- write, write, write, every chance I get. I haven't written a single thing in weeks, but this blog post is step one!
- Slow down on the political posts. I know there are many people who are sick to death of them, but some things still need to be magnified as much as we are able. But, I'm going to try to tone it down a bit. As it is, I mostly post the political stuff on Twitter instead of Facebook anyway.
- Self-publish at least two books this year. I have Born of Stone almost ready to go. I may also get Born of Magic ready, and then go from there.
I started out pretty well on January 2nd with eating healthy and exercising. Right now my legs are sore and I really, really, really miss chocolate, but I'm doing okay otherwise. Have you made any resolutions for 2019? Leave a comment to let me know what you're determined to accomplish this year.