Pages

Search This Blog

Saturday, June 2, 2012

SK Saturday Update

If you've followed me online in any way for any length of time at all, you may have come to realize I'm a HUGE Stephen King fan. I own almost every one of his books that's currently in publication. With very few exceptions I've even read most of them. 

Back in June of 2003, I was pregnant with my third child and working full time. I somehow found the time to read The Dark Tower I: The Gunslinger in only a couple of days. I was enthralled and instantly in love with Roland, the last Gunslinger. He was every cowboy fantasy I'd ever had and I had to know everything about him. Over the following year I eagerly awaited each installment of the Dark Tower series and read it with ever increasing fervor. What was going to happen to Roland and his ka-tet? Would he ever reach the Dark Tower alive?

Like many other very vocal fans, I was highly disappointed in the pseudo ending of the series and swore never to touch the books again. But of course I couldn't get rid of them. So, now that SK has released another installment, basically book 4.5, I'm feeling the itch to visit my beloved Roland again. The Dark Tower IV.V: The Wind Through the Keyhole is out and I have to have it. But what does it have to do with the story? To be honest, it's been too long and I've read too many books since 2004 to remember any details. 

So, this summer I'm embarking on the adventure again. I'm going to read all eight books and one short story in Roland's world. Would you like to join me? I'm willing to commit to one book per week, though I may read faster or slower than that. I'm going to post a weekly review/update every Saturday to let ya'll know my progress. If you decide to read along, feel free to post links to your reviews in the comments section each week. I'm eager to know if the story will feel the same after all these years.

Schedule:

June 9th:    The Dark Tower I: The Gunslinger

June 16th:  The Dark Tower II: The Drawing of the Three

June 23rd:  The Dark Tower III: The Waste Lands

June 30th:  The Dark Tower IV: Wizard and Glass

July 7th:     The Dark Tower IV.V: The Wind Through the Keyhole

July 14th:   The Dark Tower V: Wolves of the Calla 

July 21st:   The Dark Tower VI: Song of Susannah

July 28th:   The Dark Tower VII

August 4th:   Little Sisters of Eluria (Short Story in Everything's Eventual) 

August 11th: Final thoughts and impressions


No comments:

Post a Comment