Pages

Search This Blog

Friday, June 8, 2012

Friday WTF: My Kids Eat What?!

I know in a lot of ways I'm a bit overprotective and paranoid when it comes to my kids. But I promise you, I'm the one who does the grocery shopping in my house. Every now and then I'll ask them what they would like for dinner and I pretty much bow to their wishes for breakfast. However, there is no ad campaign in creation that can turn my kids into mindless food zombies who will FORCE me to buy what is advertised. Nope. Not gonna happen. So, I find the news about Disney Channel no longer showing junk food ads aimed at their young target audience silly. Okay, in reality I think it's just plain fucking stupid. So what if they show my kids sugar packed cereals and calorie riddled candy bars. If I decide my kids shouldn't eat them guess what, THEY DON'T. You know why? Because I'm the adult in this equation and I decide on what they eat. I also decide on what they watch and I'm more concerned about some of the TV show content than those damn commercials. I'm very close to tossing all of the TVs out of my house. Le sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment