Pages

Search This Blog

Monday, April 1, 2013

Spring Has Sprung


I know technically it's been Spring for a couple of weeks already. But now that April is here and the wildflowers are blooming on the side of the highway it really feels more like Spring to me. 


What I love most about this time of year is the flowers. Here in Texas we have a plethora of natural wildflowers that bloom anywhere they can. Our highway department does an excellent job of letting them grow along the roadways. Many people pull over to take photos in the bluebonnets (our gorgeous state flower) which can often be found in dense patches. They are my personal favorite and I'm guilty of harassing my girls into a patch for photos at least once a year.
This year I'm lucky enough to work in one of the most colorful places in or near the city of Houston, the Mercer Arboretum and Botanical Gardens. All of these pretty flower photos were taken there by yours truly just a couple of days ago. I work in the Gift Shoppe (yes, that's how it's spelled) every other weekend. It's one of the most relaxing places I've ever been and I almost feel guilty when I collect my paycheck...almost.

So, even though I'm no gardener I get to enjoy this site on a regular basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment