Pages

Search This Blog

Friday, July 27, 2012

Friday WTF?: What the Real Problem Is...

By now if you're not living under a rock, you've heard about the controversy surrounding Chick-Fil-A. I'd like to state that I love their food...a lot. And to be honest, not eating there is pretty damn hard. I've always known of their Christian values because every time I crave a chicken sandwich on a Sunday I'm reminded. They're closed on Sundays, no problem. They happen to have the best damn customer service of any fast food chain I've ever been to, no matter the location. They seem like a genuinely good company and I had originally wanted my daughter to work there.

Then one day a few months ago an online friend made a comment about their intolerance of homosexuals. Now, I firmly believe everyone is entitled to their own beliefs and opinions. This private company is definitely well within their rights to believe what they want and enforce that belief through their system. However, the real problem I have with them is this:

Chick-Fil-A will not knowingly hire homosexuals.

Chick-Fil-A knowingly donates money to causes that are radical in their intolerance of homosexuals.

This isn't a new issue either. As I stated, I heard of this a few months ago, and further research turned up this article from March of 2011.

So while I applaud their refusal to back down from their beliefs, and agree they have every right to them, I don't agree with those beliefs or how they enforce them on others. To me, wanting to work for the company shouldn't give them the right to enforce their beliefs on me, especially when so many need jobs so badly.

No comments:

Post a Comment