Pages

Search This Blog

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Shutterbug Sunday: Robert Babylon

In my journey for erotic photographers I've come across great photos in nature, in the studio and now in glaring neon. I hope you'll enjoy this installment as much as I have. Welcome the amazing Robert Babylon!

How long have you been capturing the world around you, either professionally or from the first time you picked up a camera?

I was about ten when I created my first image with a camera. It was my Mother's red Kodak Box Brownie which I still have. I remember my parents' strict warnings about the cost of each photograph - at that time each press of the shutter button meant the film negative needed to be processed and a physical print made.

I started creating photographs with a passion when I was about seventeen and my first “erotic photographs” soon after. I created my first “true fetish” photographs when I was about thirty.

What/who is your favorite subject? Do you find humans difficult or intriguing to shoot?

People and their sexuality is my favorite subject. I love photographing my friends best of all. My Muse for the last eight years has been my favorite model - Lorraine.

I love photographing people but it's a very intense experience and I'm always petrified before a shoot.



If you could choose any one person in history, alive or dead, to do a full photo shoot of, who would it be and why?

Erin O'Connor. She's beautifully individual. Karl Lagerfeld has described her as 'a modern anti-beauty'. 'She isn't only a model,' raves Jean Paul Gaultier, 'She is quite art. She is like theatre. She is extraordinary inspiration.

I saw an interview with her once and was so impressed; personality really matters when I work with someone.


Do you have a fantasy location you would love to shoot? If so, is there a specific subject to go along with it?

As a control freak I love shooting in a studio where I have complete control of the light and every other element. Stripping out the background to concentrate on the subject is part of my style.

I had the great privilege of working in The Seychelles, a truly beautiful fantasy location, but being so close to the equator the magic light around sunset only lasts minutes! To get the shots we had to work quickly - and rush and hurry isn't very Seychellois!

Contact info:

Website: http://www.robertbabylon.com

Email: robert@robertbabylon.com

Telephone: +44 (0)7814 804394






















No comments:

Post a Comment