So I got a response to the email I sent my editor that I hadn't told anyone about. To be honest, I was trying not to think about it too much myself over the past few days. But, unfortunately, the response means a change to my writing schedule and therefore requires an explanation to ya'll. In short, I asked if the sequel to They Call Me Death could still be submitted once I finished re-revising it. By the way, it's been re-titled from Much More Than Human to Releasing the Animal Within. While I was asking, I also mentioned my first Archangel story that I had previously submitted for an anthology call. The answer to both was a heartbreaking NO.
What does this mean exactly? Well, it means I had to decide on whether to finish these to manuscripts now, when I already have file upon file of other submittable work, or move on. To be honest, I need to move on...for now. I am in no way giving up on either Emily or Zerachial (my Archangel). However, I'm going to shelve both for a little while. I've decided I need to concentrate on books I can actually submit to one of my publishers so they might make it to your waiting hands. You may wonder, why not just try another publisher or self-publish? I am actually looking into a couple of other publishers where I think I can be happy. I'm VERY picky when it comes to publishers and to be honest, Samhain and EC have spoiled me for quite a few others.
As for the self-publishing thing, well...I keep going back and forth on that but for now am still not seriously considering it. So in short, I do plan to write my ass off every chance I get this year, but am moving on from what I've been working on for the past couple of months. If you were hoping for another shifter story don't worry. Next up is Kotori's book and it's going well. I haven't finished it yet but will post regular updates on my progress.