Pages

Search This Blog

Saturday, November 19, 2011

2011 100 Book Reading Challenge

Back in January I thought it would be fun to enroll in a couple of reading challenges. I'd never done one before and thought "What the hell?" 100 books in a year sounded like a lot to me back in January. Then I sat and considered my usual reading habits. Depending on the week, I can easily read a one standard paperback per day. In truth, a 200 book a year challenge may have been more feasible. But then I considered editing deadlines, holidays, vacations and NaNoWriMo, and knew 100 might be pushing it.


Well my blogger friends I am proud to say that this past week I did it! I reached and surpassed my goal of reading 100 books in 2011. In fact, I'm currently reading book number 102. I also have at least three more books lined up and one Stephen King book I've started but not finished. 


So, you may be thinking "That's great, Missy. Maybe now you should stop reading and start writing." Umm, well you would be right. I'll admit my NaNoWriMo word count is a bit pitiful at the moment. However, there is one other thing I have to accomplish in 2011. You see, I also signed up for a Stephen King reading challenge and I'm sorely behind on that one...

No comments:

Post a Comment